Welcome to the New Waco Insider
In the spring of 2018, I started working on the first version of Waco Insider: a clunky-looking Google calendar embedded in a single-page, free WordPress blog. And while progress has been largely incremental since then—and ground to a halt during the first year and a half of COVID—we’re happy to welcome you to Waco Insider‘s new website.
Taking what we’ve learned over the past four years, it includes:
- A homepage with our latest content, upcoming featured events, and our favorite local podcasts
- Event listings page with a comprehensive, easily searchable, monthly view of what’s happening in Waco
- An improved event submission process
- Weekly Friday podcast with our event recommendations
- Custom maps of arts, music, food and drink, and shopping venues
(And, of course, we still have our free event listings newsletter that goes out every Thursday afternoon.)
In the past, the focal point of our homepage was a list of upcoming events. After all, we’re always answering the eternal question: “What’s happening tonight in Waco, Texas?” And while providing need-to-know event info is still a priority, we’re equally interested in telling you why you should do, see, and hear what’s going on. From live music to theater to festivals to art and just a whole lot more, we’ve put together a group of contributing writers who are illuminating Waco’s cultural arts scene.
Finally, I must thank two groups that have been instrumental to the Waco Insider’s progress: Creative Waco and the Waco Convention and Visitors Bureau. The resources and collaboration opportunities they provide continue to be invaluable.